What to Expect on Your First Visit
Day of the Appointment
1. Bring your questions and medications, preferably in a plastic baggy or something similar so nothing gets lost! We strive to be more than your health care providers. We want to be family friends, confidants. Remember, anything you tell us will never leave the exam room. We care about you immensely, no question is dumb or embarrassing. Please discuss freely your diet, exercise, sex, sleep and disabilities as well as your future goals.
2. Bring a notebook and pen/pencil if you think you’ll want to take notes. Sometimes doctors don’t realize their patients can’t keep all these medical terms and stuff organized!
3. Bring a friend! Or family member, or spouse, it doesn’t matter! It’s always good to have a trusted advisor with you, sometimes they can ask questions you would have never thought of.
4. If this is your first time visiting our practice, make sure to tell us why you’re here!
5. After the appointment is over, make sure to ask your doctor if there are any new files or notes he would like you to have. Our doctors stay so busy, sometimes they forget!
6. Remember to renew prescriptions at least until the next appointment, and make sure that it is sent to your preferred pharmacy. We want to make getting healthy easy for you, so help us out! If you’re worried about any possible medication interactions or dietary changes, ask your doctor.
7. Book your follow-up appointment! The doctor should tell you how soon you need to come back in, or if you need to at all. When you check-out, we will give you a card with your next appointment printed on it!
8. Make sure you fully understand what the doctor is asking of you and how your treatment plan will work. Patients play an important role in their doctor’s visits, as they are the ones who have to live with the outcome!